DANAI is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement and in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- for the purposes of administering membership, collecting subscription fees, renewal of membership, running events, disseminating newsletters
- we may use the information to improve our products and services
- we may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes; we may contact you by email, phone or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We do not share Users’ personal data unless we either have first obtained consent to do so, or pursuant to a legitimate interest of the organisation (such as running an event);
- We utilise many industry standard information systems including third party cloud based solutions and restrict access to User data by our employees and agents. As an organisation, we will seek to continually ensure we only hold personal details of our members that are necessary for the lawful processing activities associated with the delivery of our products and services;
- DANAI retains personal data of Users for different periods of time, depending on the purpose of their processing. A Data Retention Policy codifies the different periods of time after which personal data will be destroyed or returned to the User.
- Users should note that where their information is displayed, with consent, on the Site it is accessible to third parties who may independently lift that information for their own marketing purposes. DANAI has no control over, and accepts no liability in respect, of such access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Google Analytics Cookies
Refusing or Deleting Cookies
You may refuse or delete cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse or delete the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
You may opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site -for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
Policy review date: May 2020